Trial of corruption cases by Special Judge Courts during 2011 – 13

.

Share/Save
DescriptionACC casesDefunct BAC casesTotal
No. of cases under trial238012923672
No. of cases on-going trial20308882918
No. of cases stayed 350404754
No. of cases disposed8117871598
No. of cases convicted382308690
No. of cases acquitted429479908

The Commission has got 1598 cases disposed by the Special Judge Courts by December 2013; of which 811 (50.75%) are the Commission's cases and the remaining 787 (49.25%) are inherited from the defunct Bureau of Anti Corruption (BAC). The Courts have made convictions in 690 cases. Rates of convictions are 47.1% in ACC's filed cases and 39.14% in defunct BAC cases. Table 2 provides statistics of trials of corruption cases in Special Judge Courts at the end of December 2013.